Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bead Fiesta



Yesterday my mom and I went to a bead show called Bead Fiesta at the Sheraton Airport Hotel in Warwick, RI. There is an upcoming show in MA. There was alot of different vendors there with beads. One in particular was selling her handmade lampwork glass beads. The artist goes by Kim V Glass and I've made her the artist of the week. =) All her pieces were so beautiful and you could tell a lot of hard work went into them (hence they were a little pricey). But I figured it was worth the money since each piece is different and you'll never find any like them. I bought these two beads since I couldn't decide between the two. Today I put them on chains. I've always wanted to make my own beads from glass. I'm trying to find a class I could take...maybe even if RISD offered a class over the summer.

I also joined Twitter yesterday after my friend became addicted. It's actually pretty cool. So feel free to follow me if you have one, or think about signing up! The link is on the side panel under other sites I'm on.

No comments:

Post a Comment