Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thoughts


I've been thinking alot lately about where I want to go...what I want to do...all those questions we constantly have on our minds. Art seminar has really been making me explore these thoughts and feelings. I've been leaning towards photography, like fashion and for weddings. But my friend recently visited a tattoo shop her neighbor owns and she showed him her portfolio. He told her he'd take her on as an apprentice. I'm so excited for her. But it got me thinking about my own interest in the tattoo world. I've always loved tattoos and that culture. My dream was to become a tattoo artist, but over the last few years its just that, a dream. I always put it down and say I could never do it... I'd be too nervous, and what if I mess up?
But my friend has really inspired me...and if she can show them her portfolio, why can't I? I always come up with a thousand reasons why not to do something. Whats the point of having dreams and goals and trying to live life? I should be going after what I want. I need to try to not be so afraid. And if I'm that bad, of course they're not going to let me tattoo people, so why not atleast try?

2 comments:

  1. Tattooin is awesome man you get like a high by putting artwork on someone else's skin, especially if it's your own artwork! Go for it Lynn you got art skillz!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    Thanks for the comment< im working on a series of stencils on all types of things. any who, I get in and out that boat as well, (Tattooing) my battle was the time commitment. I believe i was spreading myself too thin. I was offer many apprectieships, also with piercing but i had to decline. AS cleche as is, "you never know until you try"! maybe you should bring some of your stuff in that would be nice to see...

    ReplyDelete